Shoebox Appeal 2020
We are delighted to once again be supporting the Shoebox Appeal 2020 and you are welcome to join in!
Over the past few years, through people's generosity, we have been able to send dozens of gift-filled shoeboxes at Christmas to many of the poorest families living in Eastern Europe. Through the organisation Link to Hope, your boxes are delivered individually to children in schools and to the elderly in their homes. You only need to see the grateful faces of the receivers as they unwrap their presents, to know the value and joy that you have given them.
If you would like to join in this venture, you will need:
- A shoebox.
- The contents/customs leaflet which you can download here.
- A generous selection of gifts chosen from the list on the leaflet.
- Some wrapping paper.
Once you have filled your box:
- Complete the contents list before you wrap your box!
- Follow the instructions on the leaflet for wrapping.
- Attach £3 in coins where indicated.
- Complete the gift-aid section if it applies. You only need to complete ONE gift-aid form.
- Attach the form as indicated to the top of the box - on the outside!
- Put aside to await instructions on how we will collect. This will probably be during the last week of October.
You can support Link to Hope to hope by making a donation direct to them here.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Anne Jones here and she will only be too happy to help.
You can find out more about Link to Hope and the work that they do by visiting their website.
Help us to share the joy of Christmas this year by sending a gift to those who need it.